Oct 20, 2014

Car Seat Headrest - Nervous Young Man - 2013


Copezone: This record is refreshing from start to finish. I like the throw back fuzz and feel of the vocals. It's like discovering a gem that got packed away in a garage somewhere. I hear some good old Leonard Cohen in the vocals and lyrics, with some Lou Reed despair and attitude! The band gives lyrical nods to the likes of Neil Young and the Chambers Brothers. Instant fan!

xingbee: There are artists you love, and there are artists that "amaze" you. Car Seat Headrest falls into that second category. Everything this guy writes is genius and impresses me beyond words. Somewhat reminiscent of The Velvet Underground, but completely unique. A gem, really. Do I tell everyone I know about this artist or savor it like some secret treasure (eh that's selfish)? Oh and the outtakes album? It's *even better* than Nervous Young Man. Thank you Will Toledo, you are truly talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment